Archive for Breathslim
Donene Lashbrook Shares How Simple Breathing Exercises Helped Her Get Rid of Insomnia and CPAP Machine!
There’s nothing wrong in a little guilt of eating dishes you love, and here’re some tips for you to keep extra weight off and enjoy the Christmas.
1. You can avoid the consequences of overeating and alcohol consumption with the help of breathing gymnastics, because over 70% of toxins are removed from the body by breathing.
2. Full abdominal breathing helps to reduce weight gain by improving digestion.
3. Slow even abdominal breathing helps to overcome sleep deprivation, which is unavoidable during Holidays.
4. Regular breathing trainings with the Breathslim System provide the body with necessary amounts of oxygen and strength for some holiday activities!
5. If you travel during Holidays, breathing exercises will help you to cope with jet lags and adapt faster.
Breathe Slim Inc. is pleased to announce that we have just completed a three months double blind study in the Clinical Exercise Research Center (CERC) in the Division of Biokinesiology & Physical Therapy on the University of Southern California Health Sciences Campus.
Forty sedentary adult men and women (20-55 years of age) with body mass index (BMI) equal to or greater than 25 were recruited to visit the USC Health Sciences Campus for 3 testing sessions. All 40 subjects performed resistive expiratory muscle training using the Breathslim device over the duration of the study.
The main findings of the study are that resistive expiratory muscle training using the Breathslim device increased fat free mass which translates into increased energy expenditure, raising resting metabolism and result in loss of body fat.
Over the duration of the study, subjects also completed an online training journal. Based on review of the training journals, subjects experienced improved energy throughout the day, reduced food cravings, and better sleep. The reports in the daily training journals suggest that the subjects had a positive experience while performing the breathing exercise and there were no negative reports by study subjects.
Gaining extra weight creates lots of problems with health and lowers the quality of life. Problems with joints and spine, stertorous breathing – these are just a few issues that accompany weight problems. But there lies far more serious and almost invisible aspect that we usually don’t notice until it’s too late. The “heart” of the problem is the state of nervous system and brain function. Memory, focus disorders, mood swings – all of them are the “close friends” of excess weight.
Scientists have proven an evident influence of binge eating on cognitive functions. The connection comes from the high-calorie food, which leads to the nervous stress and structural changes in the brain. Intellect, memory and other indicators in the control group were on the average 25% lower than in people with normal weight.
It’s widely known that brain function affects behavior and the ability to control food consumption. In most cases, overeating happens when people try to mac out negative emotions. Dramatic food restriction provokes the will to eat more and this long-term stress can lead to a diet depression.
This is the fact that a lot of programs for combating obesity include various kinds of psychotherapy or drugs to influence the brain function. Their long-term administration can create tons of problems due to their possible side effects, that is why to prevent those issues, you should choose methods and means that can be taken long-term and without any side effects.
Until now, there was no way to fight this problem, but now such method does exist. Specialists recommend using Breathslim breathing system as a solution. Why is that? Because everyone can use it! This method is great for relieving stress, it calms you down. A calm person breathes better and controls his behavior and food intake. Breathing with the Breathslim increases O2 blood and brain saturation, thus improving memory, mood and sleep. This useful technique has one side effect – you will get rid of food cravings and decrease your appetite! To sum everything up, Breathslim has created a perfect way for correction of extra weight and mental functions.
Long-awaited summer is finally here and we all are hoping to have a good time. But sometimes summer heat can cause some undesired problems. First of all, heat can cause additional discomfort for people with extra weight.
It’s not easy to stay active when it’s above 90F outside and even a simple walk becomes a real struggle. It’s hard to breathe, we start breathing faster and this may even lead to wheezing.
We also sweat more when it’s hot and thus get dehydrated. Our air passages get dry because of faster water evaporation which also makes it harder to breathe. Heart and vessels also need to work harder in hot weather – heart beat rises and blood pressure shoots up.
Dealing with temperature extremes like severe heat can lead to extra stress upon the body. Our body is constantly working to maintain its normal temperature, and when we are exposed to higher levels of heat (or cold), the body will require extra amounts of energy to keep itself at 98.6 degrees. And this extra energy will need higher amounts of oxygen to fuel, and will make lungs work much harder to supply the extra level required.
So, how can we help our body to protect itself against the negative effects of heat?
The answer is simple. Just learn to breathe correctly and train your lungs with Breathslim®! These short exercises (just 20 minutes a day) can be done anytime anywhere – at home, at work… Even in a traffic jam!
Breathing exercises help improve lung function and capacity and decrease the risk of gasping in a hot weather. Slow deep breathing that you’ll acquire will improve heart activity and blood circulation in vessels.
With Breathslim®, your body will also intake twice more oxygen than with normal breathing. This will provide that extra energy your body needs to maintain normal body temperature and reduce stress.
Let’s get a breath of fresh air this summer with Breathslim®!
This topic is of concern to many people, because the quality of nutrition is considered to be the main factor for health and longevity. It’s almost impossible to give universal nutrition recipe. This is due to the fact that breathing exercises are done by different people — men and women of different age, sedentary patients with multiple sclerosis and professional athletes and so on. These people live in different climatic regions; have different national and religious traditions, digestive systems.
Products have different pH indexes and thus can indirectly have influence over the activity of the breathing center and pH balance in blood and tissues. This is also true for the lung ventilation and breathing processes in tissues as well.
It has been proven that in the process of breathing training people tend to eat less. On the whole, the experience allows to give one nutrition tip during breathing trainings -- diet diversity and moderation is the key.
American Council on Science and Health in 2008 recommends the same: «3. Achieve and maintain a healthy weight. Eat a balanced diet. Handle foods safely.The keys to good nutrition are variety, moderation, and balance. There are no "good" or "bad" foods—but there certainly are "good" and "bad" diets. »
Here’s Michael White’s opinion on “breathing and nutrition”:
«When we consistently breathe better we need less food and can go comfortably longer between feedings; if it’s living food instead of cooked, we have even more “energy to burn”. If you have been eating predominantly cooked foods, you will find that eating more living foods with live enzymes adds immensely to the entire process. Enzymes and breathing are totally synergistic… Breathing is not the panacea for all of your problems, but breathing is at the top of the list of MY priorities. You can learn to breathe better safely and easily, and with an increased amount of live nutrient and enzyme rich food in your diet, you will become healthier and happier and get lots more out of life.»
We definitely should avoid overeating and sameness in nutrition. Cut down on eating deep-fried and smoked products to the limit, sweet products and sugar, white flour products, alcohol and coffee. Choose an individual nutrition program for the year. Have some hunger days. Whip up a vegetarian table or drink fruit juices or maintain reasonable starvation regime, drink enough water. And remember to keep a diet diary to choose best products for you!
Benefits of using Breathslim
1. Weight loss.
Breathslim exercises improve lung ventilation and delivery of oxygen to the blood. They also improve blood stream through capillaries and oxygen supply to the tissues that burns more fat.
2. Improved sleep.
Slow rhythmical breathing provides relaxation and better, deeper sleep.
3. Boosts metabolism.
After exercising with Breathslim body receives more oxygen which improves aerobic metabolism in cells. This breathing technique improves lymph circulation and toxins elimination from the body which is very important for safe increase of metabolism.
4. Exercises with Breathslim are beneficial for new mothers and pregnant women.
It improves venous blood circulation which is a good preventive measure against developing varicosity. These exercises help maintain normal abdominal muscle tone. If a woman can control her breathing it is easier for her to handle pains and relax during delivery. During delivery it is very important to be able to shift the attention from pain to constructive activity – correct breathing. This way a woman can follow doctor’s instructions easier while providing enough oxygen for her baby.
5. Diaphragmatic breathing with Breathslim program creates light pressure on liver and gall bladder which improves bile flow that dissolves fats coming with food. Movement of diaphragm during the exercise provides deep massage of intestines helping the action of bowels.
6. Visceral fat is the fat that is accumulated around internal organs and serves as a cushion from shocks and vibration during moving, running or jumping. However excess abdominal fat tissue obstructs blood stream through veins as well as lymph circulation. Too much fat around the waistline also hinders the proper movement of diaphragm which disturbs lung ventilation and oxygen balance in the body. This, in turn, leads to shortness of breath and sleep apnoea. Breathslim restores normal diaphragmatic movement, thus eliminating these negative effects.
7. Exercises with Breathslim increase oxygen supply to the blood and improve bloodstream through capillaries. This is especially important for brain activity as it uses about 20% of all oxygen coming into the body with inhalation.
8. For elder people exercises with Breathslim have a great value. They improve lung ventilation which usually goes down with aging. Breathing training increase bloodstream through capillaries and improve lymph circulation which compensates negative effects of physical inactivity in elder people.
9. Slow rhythmical breathing with extended exhalation cause relaxing effect. Breathslim increases oxygen supply into brain which helps eliminate emotional stress.
10. For people with diabetes improvement of oxygen balance increases body’s ability for glucose oxidation. Improved bloodstream through capillaries helps protect patients with diabetes from such serious complications as cataract or diabetic foot.
11. Breathslim exercise improves breathing regulation, reduce shortness of breath and helps clean air passages. This improves state of health of people with asthma and allows to greatly decrease medicine intake:
12. The main source of energy in the cells is adenosinetriphosphoric acid. Oxygen is needed for it’s synthesis as it oxidizes food molecules. When lung ventilation improves, oxygen supply improves as well. This allows to oxidize more glucose molecules and produce more energy.
All this is based on more than 15 years of our experience with Frolov’s device in Russia, many researches on different breathing techniques and clinical studies. We can’t claim that we are treating something, we are explaining how Breathslim can help change the way we breathe, which in turn helps in all of the mentioned conditions.
The idea of benefits of correct diaphragmatic breathing is not new, mastering the technique is difficult. So what Breathslim does is because it’s a simple device it helps anyone learn and master this correct type of breathing easier and faster. It provides immediate feedback on whether you are doing it right.
Take a deep breath! We’ll guide you to the amazing world of breathing…
1. Muscles of the diaphragm contract when breathing in.
2. When this happens, the diaphragm flattens from its previous shape of an upwards dome.
3. Intercostal muscles between the ribs contract when breathing in.
4. This moves the rib cage up and out.
5. The combined effect of the above is to increase the volume of the thorasic cavity (chest)
6. The increased volume of the chest decreses air pressure within the lungs, forcing air in from outside.
7. When breathing out, diaphragm and intercostal muscles relax reversing the effects of contraction.
8. The air pressure in the lungs increases, forcing out air.
9. Inhaled air is approximately 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen, about 0.04% carbon dioxide and 1% other gases (eg argon).
10. Exhaled air is approximately 78% nitrogen, 16% oxygen, 4% carbon dioxide plus the other gases and an indeterminate amount of water vapour (which is a waste product of respiration).
11. The air sacs (alveoli) of the lungs have a massive surface area.
12. This massive surface area makes diffusion of gases to and from the lungs more efficient (oxygen from lungs to blood, carbon dioxide from blood to lungs).
13. The oxygen is bound by the iron containing compound haemoglobin in red blood cells and carried to other parts of the body to be used in respiration.
14. The walls of the alveoli are very thin making diffusion of gases more efficient.
15. Carbon dioxide (waste product of respiration) diffuses out of the blood plasma to the lungs at the aveoli.
16. The airways (trachea, bronchi and bronchioles) are lined with cells with hair-like projections called cilia.
17. The airways also have mucus producing goblet cells.
18. The mucus from the goblet cells traps dirt, bacteria and viruses.
19. The cilia waft and move the muck-containing mucus up and out.
20. This exits the breathing system as snot or phlegm.
Stop by often to find out more interesting breathing facts with Breathslim!